Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Slow-Cooker Pumpkin Spice Chex Mix

The Fall Festival at my granddaughter's school includes an annual bake sale.  I always like to contribute something with the flavors of the fall season. This year I made this chex mix. It smelled so good while it was cooking! I packaged one-cup servings in small seasonal bags that I found at the Dollar Store. Now I might made another batch just for me!!

Ingredients

3 1/2 cups Cinnamon Chex cereal
3 1/2 cups Vanilla Chex cereal
1 cup pecans
1 1/2 cups cinnamon Teddy Graham crackers
1 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 Tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla

Instructions

In a 5 - 6 quart slow cooker, stir together the cereals, pecans, Teddy Grahams and cranberries.
Melt butter in small saucepan. Add brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla. Stir to thoroughly combine.
Pour over cereal mixture; stir until evenly coated.
Cook, uncovered, on high heat setting for 1 1/2 hours, stirring every `15 - 20 minutes to prevent mixture on the bottom of the crock pot from burning.
Spread cereal mixture on ungreased cookie sheet to cool. Store in airtight containers.

No comments: